Hello,

My DIVA components stopped working since yesterday and I'm getting an error saying that the run failed and a batch file is written to a directory.

1- My licence is ok and is working fine in the Archsim.

2-The Run settings of the annual daylighting analysis is set to "run simulation". 

3- I manually ran the DIVA-updater.exe to get the latest version.

I'm not sure what is going wrong here. I appreciate your help.

Thank you,

Niloufar

Views: 1667

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jon, thanks for your reply. Ok I could make DIVA run.

1-I used the manual installation package that Jon uploaded dated Jan 3rd, 2 p.m.

2- I noticed that my antivirus keeps deleting the diva.exe file in the bin folder. I added the name to an exception list (both as a file and as a process) in my antivirus settings and it's now running fine.

3-my glare component is still having the problem running. I've copied the error

(1. Batch file written to directory:

C:\Users\...\Documents\DIVA\GH_Data\con(t)crete\Glare
Run failed.
Simulation failed.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Boolean a(ae, System.String, System.String, System.String, System.String, System.String)
diva)

Thanks,

Niloufar

Jon Sargent said:

Thanks Niloufar.  I'm sure your GH files are fine -- the issue is clearly the antivirus block.  Not sure why diva.exe would be mistaken for a something nefarious, but I'll look into it.  Sometimes these softwares flag EXEs that are uncommon, so we may have to add a VeriSign-type certificate.

Jon

Niloufar Emami said:

Hi,

John, thanks for sharing your experience. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling DIVA with my anti-virus turned off, but when I turned it on and tried running a simulation, my anti-virus detects a virus and apparently stops it from running. 

Jon, I tried to run a simulation with my anti-virus turned off, but it gave me an additional error saying that "the executable file diva.exe not found". When I open the zipped folder for manual installation, my anti virus deletes DIVA.exe......  

by the way, I noticed I haven't attached the Rhino-GH file because it was oversized. I'm attaching them now.

thanks

Hi Jon,

sorry for the two messages.

When it is unchecked, the grasshopper start without any errors but the DIVA and Archsim components are not there.

If I leave it checked, the error message pops up, but the components are visible.

The files I found in the zip folder I save them as follow:

- the 3 archsims files into C:\DIVA\64bitPluginFiles\ArchSim

- diva.exe into C:\DIVA\bin

- DIVA.Daylight.x64.gha into C:\DIVA\64bitPluginFiles

Jon Sargent said:

Federico,

Not sure I follow.  Leaving memory loading unchecked should be okay.  The option does mention potential issues for non-administrators, but I'm not sure if that's in play here.  Can you confirm where you saved the files?

Jon

Federico said:

Hi Jon,

I must correct myself.

Now grasshopper does not charge any DIVA or Archsim component if the  "Memory load *.GHA assemblies" is unchecked

Federico,

Those locations are correct.  FYI, sometimes GH load errors will appear above the command line in Rhino, even if an error window doesn't appear.

Hi Niloufar,

Does the glare error occur with all glare runs (e.g. with no inputs)?  Does it also occur for Visualizations?

Jon

Niloufar said:

1-I used the manual installation package that Jon uploaded dated Jan 3rd, 2 p.m.

2- I noticed that my antivirus keeps deleting the diva.exe file in the bin folder. I added the name to an exception list (both as a file and as a process) in my antivirus settings and it's now running fine.

Run failed.
Simulation failed.

Boolean a(ae, System.String, System.String, System.String, System.String, System.String)
diva)

Thanks,

Niloufar

Jon Sargent said:

Thanks Niloufar.  I'm sure your GH files are fine -- the issue is clearly the antivirus block.  Not sure why diva.exe would be mistaken for a something nefarious, but I'll look into it.  Sometimes these softwares flag EXEs that are uncommon, so we may have to add a VeriSign-type certificate.

Jon

Niloufar Emami said:

Hi,

John, thanks for sharing your experience. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling DIVA with my anti-virus turned off, but when I turned it on and tried running a simulation, my anti-virus detects a virus and apparently stops it from running. 

Jon, I tried to run a simulation with my anti-virus turned off, but it gave me an additional error saying that "the executable file diva.exe not found". When I open the zipped folder for manual installation, my anti virus deletes DIVA.exe......  

by the way, I noticed I haven't attached the Rhino-GH file because it was oversized. I'm attaching them now.

thanks

Jon,

It's very interesting. The glare component runs fine when the object is picked from Rhino, but in the file that the geometry is generated in GH, it gives the above error. The visualization runs fine in both scenarios. Any thoughts?

Jon Sargent said:

Hi Niloufar,

Does the glare error occur with all glare runs (e.g. with no inputs)?  Does it also occur for Visualizations?

Jon

Niloufar said:

Run failed.
Simulation failed.

diva)

Thanks,

Niloufar

Jon Sargent said:

Jon

Niloufar Emami said:

Hi,

thanks

I'm getting the same error as Federico

I copied/pasted the manual files from the other thread as well.

Federico said:

Hi Jon,

When it is unchecked, the grasshopper start without any errors but the DIVA and Archsim components are not there.

If I leave it checked, the error message pops up, but the components are visible.

Jon Sargent said:

Federico,

Not sure I follow.  Leaving memory loading unchecked should be okay.  The option does mention potential issues for non-administrators, but I'm not sure if that's in play here.  Can you confirm where you saved the files?

Jon

Federico said:

Hi Jon,

I must correct myself.

Now grasshopper does not charge any DIVA or Archsim component if the  "Memory load *.GHA assemblies" is unchecked

I also get this error when running GH.

ALFONSO E HERNANDEZ said:

Federico said:

Hi Jon,

Jon Sargent said:

Federico,

Jon

Federico said:

Hi Jon,

I must correct myself.

Niloufar,

Can you post the GH-generated definition that produces the Glare error?  It would also be helpful to see the DLT file (in C:\Users\...\Documents\DIVA\GH_Data\...\Glare) after a failed run.

Thanks,

Jon

Niloufar said:

Jon,

It's very interesting. The glare component runs fine when the object is picked from Rhino, but in the file that the geometry is generated in GH, it gives the above error. The visualization runs fine in both scenarios. Any thoughts?

Jon Sargent said:

Hi Niloufar,

Jon

Niloufar said:

Run failed.
Simulation failed.

diva)

Thanks,

Niloufar

Jon Sargent said:

Jon

Niloufar Emami said:

Hi,

thanks

Alfonso,

There are two issues on the thread. The first is that the DIVA simulation components throw an error (turn red) when run, which is caused by a missing (or blocked) diva.exe program.  In the short term I can't do anything about blocking issues on your machine, so in that case you would have to follow Niloufar's advice regarding antivirus exception-list settings.

The second issue is an Archsim loading error after manually overwriting the installed files.  In my experience this issue is resolved by turning off memory loading from COFF arrays, but Federico seems to report otherwise.

Jon

Alfonso E. Hernandez said:

I also get this error when running GH.

ALFONSO E HERNANDEZ said:

Federico said:

Hi Jon,

Jon Sargent said:

Federico,

Jon

Federico said:

Hi Jon,

I must correct myself.

Hi Jon,

Please see attached for the error and the .dlt file generated after a failed run.

Thanks for looking into it

Niloufar

Jon Sargent said:

Niloufar,

Can you post the GH-generated definition that produces the Glare error?  It would also be helpful to see the DLT file (in C:\Users\...\Documents\DIVA\GH_Data\...\Glare) after a failed run.

Thanks,

Jon

Niloufar said:

Jon,

Jon Sargent said:

Hi Niloufar,

Jon

Niloufar said:

Run failed.
Simulation failed.

diva)

Thanks,

Niloufar

Jon Sargent said:

Jon

Niloufar Emami said:

Hi,

thanks

Attachments:

Hi Niloufar,

Looks like a bug introduced by the latest release, related to the naming of the glare text file.  It will be fixed in the next revision, but in the meantime you should be able to fix it by re-exposing the Evalglare image output.  (I forgot that this was removable.)

Best,

Jon

Hi Jon,

Great, it worked! Thank you.

Niloufar

Jon Sargent said:

Hi Niloufar,

Looks like a bug introduced by the latest release, related to the naming of the glare text file.  It will be fixed in the next revision, but in the meantime you should be able to fix it by re-exposing the Evalglare image output.  (I forgot that this was removable.)

Best,

Jon

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by jeff niemasz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service