Hello,

My DIVA components stopped working since yesterday and I'm getting an error saying that the run failed and a batch file is written to a directory.

1- My licence is ok and is working fine in the Archsim.

2-The Run settings of the annual daylighting analysis is set to "run simulation". 

3- I manually ran the DIVA-updater.exe to get the latest version.

I'm not sure what is going wrong here. I appreciate your help.

Thank you,

Niloufar

Views: 573

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jon,

I am stuck with the problem I posted here before.

To keep the option unchecked it is not feasible because there are no DIVA nor Archisim components.

When I check the option I can work with DIVA, but the Archsim components dont work at all. If I use one of them this is the error message: 1. Solution exception:Could not load file or assembly 'ArchsimLib, Version=4.0.2.32, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Maybe the solution is to install the program from scratch?

Please let me know how to proceed.

Best regards,

Hi Jon,

I am sorry to double post here.

Also in the check option some of the archsim components are not shown (PV panel for example)

Sounds like you may have an older version of Archsim hiding somewhere. Can you open a file explorer and search your c drive for Archsim files? If there are any outside the 64bitPlugins folder, delete 'em.

Hi Jon,

thanks again for your support.

Because I had to get something done, what I did was:

- Take an older installer of DIVA 4 I could find in my Downloads folder

- Repair the version I had installed.

- The components could not work so I....

- Update it.

- Create an exception of the antivirus for the diva.exe

- Archsim component could not work

- I checked the files you uploaded in the other thread and see actually that the problem was with the diva.exe file sizes. The one I had in my folder was smaller than the one you provided.

- I just replace my diva.exe file with the one you provided in the installation folder.

Now is working beautifully.

Thanks.

best regards

Glad you got it working, Federico.  Ideally the updates would work on their own, as we release patches and new features fairly frequently.  If this happens again, let me know and I'll be happy to take a deeper dive to root out the issue.

Best,

Jon

Hi Niloufar,

I'm having the same problem as you. But I didn't understant what you did to solve, can you explain me?

Thanks, 
Inês

Niloufar said:

Hi Jon,

Great, it worked! Thank you.

Niloufar


Jon Sargent said:

Hi Niloufar,

Looks like a bug introduced by the latest release, related to the naming of the glare text file.  It will be fixed in the next revision, but in the meantime you should be able to fix it by re-exposing the Evalglare image output.  (I forgot that this was removable.)

Best,

Jon

Attachments:

Hello again,

sorry to bother, but I'm still stuck with the same problem, I unistall and install DIVA again , I create  an exception of the antivirus for the diva.exe and till now it's not working. 
Can someone help me please? :) I´m working on my master thesis and I really need to work with DIVA and simulate.

Kind regards, 
Inês

Attachments:

Hi Inês,

The issue is unrelated to antivirus.  This is quite embarrassing, but it seems I posted the wrong EXE file in revision 4.0.2.55. A corrected version (v4.0.2.56) is now online.  Please re-initiate an update by signing out of Windows, signing back in, and running the auto-update that pops up in the system tray.  If auto-updates don't work on your machine, simply re-donwload and re-run the installer from solemma.net (in this case you may have to do a remove and then install).

Thanks for catching this.

Jon 

Hi Jon, 

I did what you said and now it's working perfectly!

Thanks, 
Inês

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by jeff niemasz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service