I have a question about the thermal components.

I am attempting to run just a single zone model. After a process of trial and error (and checking the .err file) It seems that whenever I try to define a custom schedule or construction on the canvas, the simulation fails. This includes the lighting schedule produced by the DIVA daylighting tools that I have connected to the zone loads component. If I use a default schedule or construction, the simulation runs just fine.

I have attached the .err file for your reference. Any thoughts?

Views: 227

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Elliot,

Can you post your GH file? I'll take a look.

Jeff

Here you go. Thanks!

Attachments:

Hi Elliot,

I think the solution may be as simple as plugging in any user-generated constructions and schedules into the Archsim Library component before running a simulation. Without the connection to the Library component, Archsim can't write the custom constructions and schedules onto the project's .idf file, which will cause the "invalid construction name" and "schedule name not found" errors in EnergyPlus. Hopefully this solves the problem!

Jeff

Attachments:

I am a huge fan of simple solutions.

Thanks for your help!

A couple follow up questions on the ArchSim component if you don't mind:

1. Is there any way to view or visualize the default schedules available in the library? My loads are different than when using other tools so I want to compare schedules.

2. Do you know if the "Zone Windows Total Heat Gain Energy" variable output is conductive heat gains, solar heat gains, or both combined?

A bit late in my response, but for question 1, if the information on hourly and weekly schedules is not appearing in the Archsim library settings dialog box, one way is to open the .idf file (associated with your simulation) directly in EnergyPlus's EP-Launch IDF editor tool and view the schedules there. The interface has a category list on the left that contains schedules, and you can view the names and values of individual schedules in the file that way. Regarding question 2, according to the EnergyPlus Input/Output Reference, the variable output for window heat gain energy refers to the sum of solar and conductive gains.

Hope this helps!

-Jeff

Elliot G said:

A couple follow up questions on the ArchSim component if you don't mind:

1. Is there any way to view or visualize the default schedules available in the library? My loads are different than when using other tools so I want to compare schedules.

2. Do you know if the "Zone Windows Total Heat Gain Energy" variable output is conductive heat gains, solar heat gains, or both combined?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by jeff niemasz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service