Hi

I have a query about the 'Daylighting Grid Component'. Is it possible to change some of its parameters after a simulation ended? I mean, I have run a simulation with a specific 'Lighting  Power Density' and a specific 'Lighting Control System'. But I want to change both values just for comparison. Do I have to run the simulation again? 

I understand that the *ill file should not change, so I think the 'Lighting Energy (LE)' and the 'CBDM metrics' could be calculated without running the simulation again because it is just a matter of math. How could I assign new values in both parameters in the 'Grid Viewer' or in another grasshopper component?

I hope you can help me.

Many thanks in advance.

Abigail

Views: 58

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Abigail,

The grid viewer has (hidden) inputs for resetting metric thresholds, but not the lighting power density or control system.  The former you could easily calculate yourself with a multiplier, but the latter does require a re-run in the current setup, unfortunately.

Jon

Hi Jon

Then how about the max and min luminance? Can I change the value after I put out the result? I wanna change the settings to make the colors more obvious. Thank you!

Binwen
Jon Sargent said:

Hi Abigail,

The grid viewer has (hidden) inputs for resetting metric thresholds, but not the lighting power density or control system.  The former you could easily calculate yourself with a multiplier, but the latter does require a re-run in the current setup, unfortunately.

Jon

Binwen,

Do you mean luminance or illuminance?  For grid-based metrics, you can always edit the min/max of the falsecolor scale after the fact:

(This discussion is about the Grasshopper components... not sure if that's what you intended.)

Jon

Great Thanks!

Jon Sargent said:

Binwen,

Do you mean luminance or illuminance?  For grid-based metrics, you can always edit the min/max of the falsecolor scale after the fact:

(This discussion is about the Grasshopper components... not sure if that's what you intended.)

Jon

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by jeff niemasz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service