I'm doing some quick daylight studies to get ASE and sDA and we are thinking about using a fritted glass:

If i use (VLT*1.09) to convert into radiance material, is this ok? Will my ASE / sDA outputs be flawed?

I know its not technically correct, but i don't want to take the trouble of using other software to create the exact radiance material when we are not sure what frit patter, frit %, or frit color we even need. So i thought i could do come quick conversions to get me close enough??

Views: 33

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello RJ,

I've been away from the forum for a while, and I apologize that no one answered your question yet.

The total luminous transfer will be more or less correct by using VLT * 1.09, but if you want to test frits things do get more complex. The big issue is that your light propagation inside of a space will improve with a frit since more light is reaching the walls and ceilings versus the floor. Simple glass materials don't account for this.

I would suggest to use a trans material if your frit will be on the outside of the glass to try different direct / diffuse transmission values. Note that the angular transmissive properties of glass are lost when using the trans material.

Best,

Alstan

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by jeff niemasz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service