I've been playing around with the new v4 components and have a question about the Daylight Factor block. I've been able to see the parallelization work for both the Annual Daylight and Radiation Map blocks. (i.e. I see multiple rtrace/rtrace_dc instances) but the Daylight Factor block only seems to run in serial.

I realize that DF is already quite fast, but it would still nice to see it parallelized for cases with a large number of grids. Has anyone else run into this issue?

I'm using Diva 4.0.2.5 on Rhino 5 (64 bit).

Views: 161

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Ryan,

You're right, the DF runs aren't parallelized.  We'll try to update that in a future release.  Not as convenient, but you could always consider splitting manually into separate write-only runs, and using the Batch Runner to launch in parallel.

Jon

Thanks Jon, that's what I've been doing as a work around. Looking forward to that update.

-Ryan

Jon Sargent said:

Hi Ryan,

You're right, the DF runs aren't parallelized.  We'll try to update that in a future release.  Not as convenient, but you could always consider splitting manually into separate write-only runs, and using the Batch Runner to launch in parallel.

Jon

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by jeff niemasz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service