I've been testing out DIVA's daylighting metrics, and the daylighting grasshopper component is generating a nonsensical analysis mesh for the various metrics. This is a screenshot of my setup and the resulting visual for the Daylight Factor. A sample script is provided below as well. 

Sample script: daylight_comp_problem.gh

One note on deriving the analysis nodes:

The analysis nodes are offset from the floor, by height (so it's off the ground plane) and in the xy dimension so it doesn't intersect with the wall planes using a Ladybug component. Since that would make it difficult for others to recreate the above image in the sample script, I internalized the mesh node data here for the purposes of the testing. 

S

Views: 325

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just discovered the 'Grid' component, and used it to generate the analysis nodes, but the resulting color mesh is still odd:

The updated sample script using the Grid component is attached here. 

Attachments:

Hi Searan,

You are generating the analysis nodes from the same geometry that you have in the scene which is causing spurious results. Offset the analysis nodes to get better results- for typical simulations you want them about the height of a desk.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, offsetting the analysis nodes seems to have fixed my problem. 

S

jeff niemasz said:

Hi Searan,

You are generating the analysis nodes from the same geometry that you have in the scene which is causing spurious results. Offset the analysis nodes to get better results- for typical simulations you want them about the height of a desk.

Jeff

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by jeff niemasz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service