Hi everyone,

I am a beginner in the electric lighting simulation and have a problem when trying to load some IES file. 

The error shown as: type mismatch in parameter. Array required. Lind 242. Cha 1

Could someone help me where should I go for this problem?

The ies files I am using are uploaded below, there is no problem to open them in IES viewer, just cannot load in DIVA.

Thanks a lot!

Tags: IES, electric, lighting, simulation

Views: 272

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Xue Wang,

This is actually not your fault -- there is a bug in DIVA currently with certain types of IES files. We will be releasing a version soon that fixes this issue; however, for now, please feel free to use these modified versions of your IES files.

Best,

Alstan

Attachments:

Hi Alstan,

Thank you a lot for the modifications for those IES files.  Could I ask how do you change the ball shaped luminaire type into DIVA readable type? 

Asking this also because the illuminance visualization image could only give an image of electric lighting in fully lighting power based on the setting I know, thinking whether there is a way to make a 50% dimming look for electric lighting source? Is that from changing IES or adjusting settings under DOS?

Best regards,

Xue



J. Alstan Jakubiec said:

Hi Xue Wang,

This is actually not your fault -- there is a bug in DIVA currently with certain types of IES files. We will be releasing a version soon that fixes this issue; however, for now, please feel free to use these modified versions of your IES files.

Best,

Alstan

Hi Xue,

See the screenshot below. The text on the left-hand side is the original IES file. The text on the right-side is a copy with to modifications. First, to get the file to load I change the green text to 0 0 0. This converts the geometry from a 'ring' to a 'point' type, but the luminous distribution is the same. The text in lighter green is a lumen multiplier, so by changing it from 1.0 to 0.5, the output will be reduced by 50%. This new IES file should be loaded into DIVA separately. There is not a DIVA interface to change these values on the fly.

Best,

Alstan

Alstan, Thank you a lot for sharing!

All the best,

Xue


J. Alstan Jakubiec said:

Hi Xue,

See the screenshot below. The text on the left-hand side is the original IES file. The text on the right-side is a copy with to modifications. First, to get the file to load I change the green text to 0 0 0. This converts the geometry from a 'ring' to a 'point' type, but the luminous distribution is the same. The text in lighter green is a lumen multiplier, so by changing it from 1.0 to 0.5, the output will be reduced by 50%. This new IES file should be loaded into DIVA separately. There is not a DIVA interface to change these values on the fly.

Best,

Alstan

Is the 50% reduction required because we changed it from a ring type to a point type? 

Also - I have an ies file that woun't load - it's "ring parameters" and "lumen multiplier" are different.

I assume my file still needs the "0 0 0" and I should cut my lumen multiplier in half of what it is now...  ? That sound right? 

actually I got the same error after making that change... see image below.. 



J. Alstan Jakubiec said:

Hi Xue,

See the screenshot below. The text on the left-hand side is the original IES file. The text on the right-side is a copy with to modifications. First, to get the file to load I change the green text to 0 0 0. This converts the geometry from a 'ring' to a 'point' type, but the luminous distribution is the same. The text in lighter green is a lumen multiplier, so by changing it from 1.0 to 0.5, the output will be reduced by 50%. This new IES file should be loaded into DIVA separately. There is not a DIVA interface to change these values on the fly.

Best,

Alstan

Hi Shariq,

In the current version of DIVA, all IES files should load without issue. Can you let me know the version you are using and also to share your IES file here?

Thank you,

Alstan

Thx Alstan. I emailed you the files.



J. Alstan Jakubiec said:

Hi Shariq,

In the current version of DIVA, all IES files should load without issue. Can you let me know the version you are using and also to share your IES file here?

Thank you,

Alstan

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by jeff niemasz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service