Really enjoying the new release so far; great work! I think you nailed everything that was on my wishlist and eliminated the need for a lot of my Grasshopper workarounds such as LEEDv4 metrics, light sensor control, blended results mesh, etc. 

I just had a couple of general questions about the way the new release works:

• It looks like the grid sensors and simulation work differently than previous releases. Have you overcome the 5,000 node limitation for annual simulations? It appears that way since I increased the density of the grid in the example file that was provided. While none of the 12 individual grids actually exceed 5,000, the total number of sensors do. Please let me know because if this is no longer a limitation, my workaround for splitting up the simulation and merging the results can also bite the dust.
  • Where do the result files get saved to? I know there are results files saved in the DIVA folder under My Documents but they seem to be mostly .png files of the annual lighting and shade schedules and I can't open the other ones. Do the results get saved in the traditional .da or .ill files anywhere? Would like to know in case I need to read those files in Grasshopper.

Thanks!

Views: 456

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Elliot.

> Have you overcome the 5,000 node limitation for annual simulations?

Yes.  The ~5000 sensor limit per grid is merely a feature to prevent the Grid component from crashing Grasshopper if you accidentally enter a very small spacing value.  There is no limit for total # of sensors if you have multiple grids.

> Where do the result files get saved to?

The results are saved in the DLT file, which is a binary format.  But you can elect to export relevant formats (.rad, .oct, .dat, .ill) from the simulation components:

Thanks, Jon! This is great.

One more question I forgot to ask about: I get this loading error when opening up Grasshopper, I think its an issue with Archsim. I had an earlier version of Archsim on my computer; I thought I deleted it, but wonder if there is still a conflict?

Hi Elliot,
This looks very much like a dll conflict. Try and search at the locations mentioned here:
http://archsim.com/documentation-energy-modeling/installation/

Elliot G said:

Thanks, Jon! This is great.

One more question I forgot to ask about: I get this loading error when opening up Grasshopper, I think its an issue with Archsim. I had an earlier version of Archsim on my computer; I thought I deleted it, but wonder if there is still a conflict?

My dlls are no longer in conflict. Thanks, Timur!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by jeff niemasz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service