Dear All,

To produce a High Dynamic Range image, is it enough just to use visualization? should I tick or un-tick the (hide dynamic shading box) ?

would a perspective view be fine or it should be 180 degree view?

thanks

Tags: HDR, Radiance., dynamic, high, range, visualization

Views: 243

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Ahmad,

It is enough to use a visualization. If you have a dynamic shading system setup and wish to see it in the HDR image, you should un-tick the hide dynamic shading box. If you do not have a shading system setup, it doesn't matter.

The view type, perspective or 180 degree fisheye, depends on your purpose. If you want to do glare analysis, use the 180 degree fisheye. Otherwise in most cases a normal perspective image is fine.

Best,

Alstan

Thanks Alstan,

what about applying psond? should I change any properties of the display and apply pcond (see Fig.)?

what does the "display range" represent? and what would it affect when changed? which one should I tick to get the highest possible dynamic range.             

Thanks in advance.

Hello Ahmad,

Apologies for the late reply. Once you have the HDR image, the options in wxFalsecolor as simple post-processing of the absolute luminance values.

• Clicking 'Apply pcond' runs a human visualization model for screen display purposes. This is the visualization method I typically recommend.
  • I don't know what display range does :).
  • Applying a falsecolor scale is the easiest way to see a wide range of luminance values and their meaning.

One important thing is that you should NOT save the image as a HDR after running any of these options, as that will invalidate the original luminance information.

Best,

Alstan

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by jeff niemasz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service