How to introduce parameterized shape, run on changed scenes and get a serious of results automatically?

In Grasshopper, I creat the parameterized skylight and shade. and want to optmize the shape by Daylight Factors.
If I want to use DIVA for Grasshopper to calculate daylight factors for a seriouse of different dimenstions. How can I creat a work process to automatically run and record different Daylight Factor results of different shapes?
I am new on Grasshopper and don't know what tool can work like this.
Just a hint wil help me a lot.
Thanks!

Views: 139

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have attached the .3dm and .gh file.

Parameter "a"  will be from 1.5 to 8.

If I want to calculate DF automatically according to different "a", how to make it?

Attachments:

Hello Gu,

I made 2 targeted changes to your definition.

1. I used the A parameter to write a new project name for each simulation. This means you can go back and pull the results of more lengthy simulations without overwriting them. Your DF calculations are very fast however.

2. I hooked 'Data Recorder' components to the output. In the example above, I animated your A slider for 100 steps, and I got 100 recorded outputs as a result. These outputs can be streamed from the panel to a text file for further analysis in Excel or other programs.

Attached is also the modified definition.

Best,

Alstan

Attachments:

Thank you Alstan

In your file, we need to drag the slider to change "a" and then the program could record all parapeters and results.

But when the model is complex and calculation at high definition, it will run slow each time.

I think it will be better if the slider could move automatically, so that I can leave it running all day.

and I found Galapagos tool can move the slider number automatically, but the slider goes random every time.

Is there any other tool can make changing input automatically to replace a silder?

Best

Gubing

Hi Gu,

Right click on the slider and click 'animate.' This will run through the slider in a series of intervals to do what you wish. I didn't record those 100 values by moving the slider one at a time.

Alstan

Dear Alstan

Thank you! It is exactly what I want!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by jeff niemasz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service