Hi Diva community!

I am using DIVA vor my master thesis in the field of daylighting. I have an important question for my work:

How exactly is Diva calculating the internal gain factor, considering dimming with occupancy on/off?

(thus not considering user behaviour)

It has somehow be a function of the installed lighting power, the lighting set point (standby and ballast loss factor, which I am not considering) and of course an hourly value for illumination at the grid point.

I am experimenting with increasing the lighting set point to very high numbers to get "free flowting" internal gain factors between 0 and 1 even for very high and very low illumination levels.

How can I, for example, caluclate back the illumination at a grid point for a given internal gain factor? Alternatively I would like to convert this "artificial" internal gain factor to a realistic factor with a lighting set point of 500 lux as reference.

Why do I do this: the internal gain factor is the only hourly value based on internal illumination calculated by Diva, that I know of.

Or do you know an alternative?

I would really be glad about some response!

Pascal

Tags: gains, internal, lighting, mathematical, model, settings

Views: 297

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Pascal,

If your ballast loss and standby power are set to 0% and 0W respectively and you use the 'Dimming w. Occupancy On/Off' sensor, then the value in the intgain.csv file for each hour should represent the percentage of the lighting setpoint not met by daylight at the darkest control sensor. If you pick only one sensor and have a very high lighting setpoint, then you will know the illuminance at that sensor for each hour.

That said, you might be interested in looking into the actual file that contains hourly illuminance. You can find it after running a climate-based simulation by browsing to C:\DIVA\Temp\[RhinoFilename\ and opening [RhinoFilename].ill. Each column is relative to one of the points in the [RhinoFilename].pts file in the same directory.

Hope that is helpful.

Best,

Alstan

Hi Alstan,

this is exactly what I wanted to know!

Thanks a lot!

Pascal

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by jeff niemasz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service