I am using Diva for the first time, I have been following the on-line tutorial. As I select "Assign Materials" the folloing error appears. 

Source : Microsoft VBScript runtime error 

Error: File Not Found 

Line : 27

Char: 1 

Code: 

The error also appears when I select "Metrics"

Does anyone know how to resolve this? 

Tags: Microsoft, VBScript, error, runtime

Views: 946

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Clare,

If you re-run the 'Location' command, do you still get this error?

Best,

Alstan

Yes, I have restarted the programme and started from the beginning, I have opened the tutorial file to attempt it on  that and I have un-installed and reinstalled diva but I always get the same error. 

Hi Clare,

When you click the 'Location' button, a subfolder should be created where your Rhino file is located: RhinoFileName - DIVA. Within that folder there should be a 'resources' folder, and within that folder should be a file called materials.rad. For some reason it is not being created for you. This could be a for a few reasons:

- Your Rhino file is on a network drive.

- You don't have the permission to read/write files in that directory.

- The file path is too long for a file to be created.

I hope this is helpful.

Best,

Alstan

Alston,

I'm getting a similar error, except mine happens after I click "Run Simulation"  for a Daylight Image simulation. The error message says:

Source : Microsoft VBScript runtime error 

Error: Permission denied 

Line : 2330

Char: 2

Code: 

Any clue as to what that means? I am running Diva/Rhino for the first time after the install, following this tutorial: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02g3AQ5NOXA

J. Alstan Jakubiec said:

Hi Clare,

When you click the 'Location' button, a subfolder should be created where your Rhino file is located: RhinoFileName - DIVA. Within that folder there should be a 'resources' folder, and within that folder should be a file called materials.rad. For some reason it is not being created for you. This could be a for a few reasons:

- Your Rhino file is on a network drive.

- You don't have the permission to read/write files in that directory.

- The file path is too long for a file to be created.

I hope this is helpful.

Best,

Alstan

Thanks Alstan, that helped.

But now I'm getting a different Microsoft VBScript runtime error: File not found. Line: 168, Char: 1.

Any ideas what this error means? I doubled check and my material.rad file is in the resources folder.

i have the same error did you find solution ?

Eric Martin said:

Thanks Alstan, that helped.

But now I'm getting a different Microsoft VBScript runtime error: File not found. Line: 168, Char: 1.

Any ideas what this error means? I doubled check and my material.rad file is in the resources folder.

Hi Abdelrahman,

Just to be careful, can you tell me which step you are following when you receive the error message?

Alstan

hi mr J. Alstan Jakubiec  
it shows after running simulation

J. Alstan Jakubiec said:

Hi Abdelrahman,

Just to be careful, can you tell me which step you are following when you receive the error message?

Alstan

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by jeff niemasz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service