I have run multiple point-in-time illuminance calc-grids in DIVA for Grasshopper. I have saved the files in separate folders. Is there anyway to reload previous calc-grid simulations in grasshopper/DIVA? I am trying to automate the generation of these simulations. I have figured out how to properly save the files so they don't override each other in the temp folder, but I am hitting a snag in loading them back into grasshopper/DIVA or even rhino/DIVA.

Thanks,

Rauland

Views: 350

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Rauland,

Presuming that your sliders / parameters in Grasshopper are generating unique project names, all you need to do is to set the sliders to generate the same project name as a simulation that has been run but with the 'simulate' Boolean toggle set to False. This will prevent re-running the calculations, and should load whatever is in the simulation directory.

Best,

Alstan

Great. Works perfectly. Thank you Alstan.

- Rauland

J. Alstan Jakubiec said:

Hi Rauland,

Presuming that your sliders / parameters in Grasshopper are generating unique project names, all you need to do is to set the sliders to generate the same project name as a simulation that has been run but with the 'simulate' Boolean toggle set to False. This will prevent re-running the calculations, and should load whatever is in the simulation directory.

Best,

Alstan

I there anyway to take the files generated in grasshopper and load them into Rhino via the DIVA for Rhino plugin? I have made multiple attempts at this with no luck. I've tried baking the node points so the .dat file has a location to reference, but it still isn't working.

Thanks,

Rauland

J. Alstan Jakubiec said:

Hi Rauland,

Best,

Alstan

Hi Rauland,

No -- sadly not. In DIVA-toolbar the points are contained within the results file, but GH just references the points in GH with the simulation results one-by-one. You would have to construct your own DIVA-toolbar results file within GH. That would include concatenating the points and results files and adding visualization (grid square size) information as well.

Alstan

Hi Alstan,

I am not sure to understand what you mean by sliders, do you mean the component? So shall we keep the same file name as the one used to run the simulation?

I have the same file name as the once I set but I can't get my previous results. So I guess I might not understand very well the process to follow. Could you explain this sliders.

Thanks in advance.

Frank

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by jeff niemasz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service