I have 2 basic questions about results visualization:

I’m using the legend component, but I can’t get it to display the full range of colors, so I guess the question is how do you properly use the legend component?

Second, how do you visualize on the screen the lux value for each of the nodes? They seem to disappear when they are above the analysis grid.

I attached the rhino and grasshopper files. Thanks!

Views: 505

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Helena,

You almost had it! Just connect the lower and upper limit sliders to the second gradient component.  (See attached.)

As for the lux values, that's a frustrating issue in Grasshopper.  The only solution I know of is creating 3d text objects instead of tags -- but in this case you will need to pick a fixed orientation plane for the text (so it won't orient to face the view).

Best,

Jon

Attachments:

Thank you Jon!

Is there a difference between the illuminance simulation type of the Daylighting component, and the illuminance as an ouput of the Climate-Based simulation? Is it just the ability to include lighting controls in the climate based simulation?

Hi Helena,

The illuminance simulation type is for a single point in time, using a sky model of your choosing.

The climate-based simulation is for the whole year, and, as the name suggests, uses weather data to generate the sky conditions at each hour.

Jon

Thanks for the fast response Jon, and I'm sorry for the long tread, 2 more questions:

-How do you visualize the results from the climate-based simulations?

-Can you exclude lighting controls from the climate based simulations?

The file keeps crashing after running a few of the climate-based simulations, is that just because there is a lot of information? or is there something else?

Files attached. Thanks again!

Attachments:

Usually results are visualized in the form of an annual statistical metric, such as daylight autonomy or UDI. When you select the hourly illuminance output for a climate-based run, it is important to realize that the component will output a datatree with 8760 hourly illumanance values per branch.  (Each branch represents a node.)  In your current GH definition, you have 126 nodes x 8760 hours = 1.1 million values being output, all of which you are asking Grasshopper to preview simultaneously.... so you may experience a crash or two :)

To visualize illuminance at a particular hour, simply pass the hourly illuminance output through a List Item component, and flatten the output of the List Item component before connecting to the Preview.

Finally, re lighting controls, these don't affect any daylighting results in Grasshopper (only the intgain.csv file).

Best,

Jon

This is great. Thanks a lot Jon!

...last question about visualization, I can see the results of all of the hours of the year with the list item component, is there an easy way to sort those hours to visualize the results indicating an actual date/hour? 

Doable with native GH components. Attached definition gives hour of year from month/day/hour inputs, or vice versa.

-Jon

Attachments:

You're awesome :) Thank you!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by jeff niemasz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service