Hi All, 

When I click the "metrics" button to run simulations I get the following error:

An error has occurred in the script on this page. 

Line: 1991

Char: 6

Error: Type Mismatch

Code: 0

I've attached an image of the error as well. Has anyone else had this issue before and know how to resolve it? Thanks for your help! 

DIVA%20Error.PNG

Sincerely, 

Jenn

Views: 274

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Jennifer,

Thanks for the detailed description of the issue. When you installed DIVA-4, did you do it on top of an existing DIVA-3 installation by chance? If so, it might be the case that deleting your DIVA folder and repairing the installation will fix the issue.

If not, please let me know!

Thank you,

Alstan

Hi Alstan, 

Thanks for the quick response. I have DIVA-3 still on my computer but its named DIVA 3.0 and then DIVA-4 is simply named DIVA in the C drive. I removed the DIVA toolbar from Rhino and re-added it. Now I am still getting the script error, but the simulation is running (previously I was receiving the error and the simulation would not run). I will try to uninstall and reinstall later to see if the error message goes away. 

Thanks,

Jenn

Sure -- let me know what happens, and we can troubleshoot based on that.

Alstan

Hi Alstan, 

The script error went away after reinstalling DIVA. I was also having an issue where ray trace stopped working in the middle of the simulation. I received a message that said "rtrace.exe stopped working" and then the simulation would crash. Hopefully this will also be solved by the reinstall...

Jenn 

Hi Alstan, 

I keep getting an error with the simulation saying that rtrace.exe has stopped working. I've attached a screenshot of the error.

When I press 'close program' the simulation command window stays open and appears to still be running. However, I'm not sure if it's running properly or if I should crash it. Any advice how to stop this from happening? Thank you for your help. 

Jenn 

Attachments:

Hello Jennifer,

Please accept my apologies -- I lost track of this thread. Are you still receiving this error? It is an unusual one, and I suspect that some off input is headed to rtrace causing it to fail. If so, it would be helpful to have your temporary directory as a zip file, C:\DIVA\Temp\RhinoFileName\.

Thank you,

Alstan

Hi Alstan,

This thread was a while ago, but I am now also receiving this error, "rtrace.exe has stopped working".

I don't know if you could give some insight, but I've attached the temporary directory as a zip file in this google drive location: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1YRJCHUs4xYR9G70f6kUbjRyHjUt...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by jeff niemasz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service