Hi,

I am running LEED v4 sDA calcualtions and I was wondering if anyone can clarify following:

Q1- In the image below, which floor area is used for calculating the percentage of space meeting the sDA criteria. Is it the actual room boundary ( 20’ x20 ‘- see image below) or is it the extent of the analysis gird that gets generated ( 18’ x 18’ ) after the sensors have been put in.  

Q2-Is there a way to make the analysis grid cover the entire extents of room boundary without the default office set off 0.84 ft.

Thanks,

Aditya

Views: 220

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Aditya,

Q1 - Since each sensor represents an equivalent area, we just count the number of sensors with sDA_300lx_50% and divide by the total number of sensors. the LM-83 standard has some language about not putting sensors too close to wall surfaces.

Q2 - Unfortunately there isn't a way to prevent this offset. As you make you grid spacing smaller (more sensors) the gap will also get smaller however.

Best,

Alstan

Alstan- Thank you for the clarification.

I did refer to the LM-83 and it does mention 12" inch minimum to 24" maximum offset form the walls under section 2.2.5.

J. Alstan Jakubiec said:

Hello Aditya,

Q1 - Since each sensor represents an equivalent area, we just count the number of sensors with sDA_300lx_50% and divide by the total number of sensors. the LM-83 standard has some language about not putting sensors too close to wall surfaces.

Q2 - Unfortunately there isn't a way to prevent this offset. As you make you grid spacing smaller (more sensors) the gap will also get smaller however.

Best,

Alstan

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by jeff niemasz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service