Strange results from DGP calculation with different dynamic shading settings

Hi all,

I'm trying to perform a DIVA simulation with different shading control settings in order to evaluate their effects on the DGP.

In one case I used an automated thermal control setting imposing 500-2000 lux as limit values for an internal sensor located 2 m from the window.

In the second case I used an automated glare control choosing 12000 lux, -63 63 as azimuth and 5 37 as altitude angle. To avoid the influence of the internal sensor in this case I set the value for the control point equal to 0-20000 lux.

The windows are east oriented.

The strange thing, at least from my point of view, is that I obtain the same DGP values in both cases!

Could anyone explain me what is the problem? You can find the two rhino file attached to this message.

Another strange thing is that for another simulation I had been able to obtain different DGP values for the two control settings, but when I tried to rebuild the file I didn't obtain more the same results.

Thanks for any comments,

Anna

Tags: DGP, control, dynamic, settings, shading

Views: 293

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In the prevoius message I forgot to attach the results from the climate based simulation. In this case I obtain different results for each one of the control settings.

The first image correspond to the control based on the internal sensor, while the second correspond to the control based on the external illuminance. If the 2 shading controls cause a different on-off shading behaviour, is it possible that I obtain the same DGP? Also because when through the climate based analysis I obtain the effective DGP, they are different among them according to the control setting.

Another doubt is related to the possibility to use or not the DGP when I perform a climate based analysis. Even if I decide to not use the DGP previous calculated, if it exists the software takes it into account when peforms the simulation. 

Hi Anna,

When you run the DGP calculations alone, you will simply get the DGP results for each shading state (what you attach in your first post). By coupling them with different control strategies (your second post) you will get the effective DGP for the control strategy. This effectively chooses from the different DGP calculations for each shading state. Based on the control strategy you employ, this is why you see different effective annual DGP results.

Does this explanation help?

Best,

Alstan

Yes!

Thank you very much

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by jeff niemasz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service