Suddenly...I get 'TargetInvocationException' for Archsim components in Grasshopper

Anybody having new trouble with Archsim components????

I have been using Archsim for a few things lately (an understatement...I'm trying to finish simulations for a paper deadline today). 

To my frustration, upon loading grasshopper I got 'TargetInvocationException' errors for most (but not all) of the Archsim components. I had installed a recent DIVA update while doing some daylight analysis and supposed that the update caused the issue. 

I reverted to my old install (DIVAforRhino-4.0.2.15-x86) and also reinstalled grasshopper because I had a bunch of stuff installed that I wasn't using. Archsim came back after this but the Zone Network Component stopped working for basically anything, even models that worked absolutely fine before and successfully simulated. The Zone Network Component was giving an exception error except it didn't elaborate why. If someone knows of a debug mode where I can actually read the entirety of the error that would be great, because it doesn't respond to clicking like normal bubbles.

After this frustration, I installed the newest version of DIVA (DIVAforRhino-4.0.2.17-x86) and I'm back to the 'TargetInvocationException' errors with most of the Archsim components. 

I've attached the last batch of 'TargetInvocationException' errors so that the exact components are clear. 

Any help would be appreciated!!

Views: 54

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I reverted again to my old installation and Archsim came back, but the Networker still isn't working. It's definitely an install problem because the Networker isn't working on the example files either.

I think I found a work around (if not a solution) to the problem I was having with the broken Networker -- though I am the only one replying to my posts, and this may be an early sign of insanity. But anyway...

The Diva install version I'm using is 'DIVAforRhino-4.0.2.17-x86.exe' and since I upgraded to Diva 4.0 I've been using the 64-bit (x86) version of the software and I've been using it with my 64-bit Rhino and grasshopper without problems. The subsequent reinstalls and updates that killed my Networker component replaced my plugin folder (previously named...\64bitPluginFiles or something like) with a 32bitPluginFiles directory.

Maybe my most recent download was actually a 32-bit install and not the 64-bit install? 

To make a long story short, if I'm working in my 32-bit Rhino, my Networker (and all other Archsim) components work again. In 64-bit Rhino, nope. I also noticed my DIVA toolbar is failing to load in 64-bit Rhino as well, so there may be some other problems there as well, but if anyone has similar issues, you might try closing Rhino and opening up your project in 32-bit Rhino. 

This seems to me less like an actual 32-bit vs. 64-bit but a problem with directory paths. I had another issue come up that was resolved when I copied and renamed by Radiance bin_32 library to bin_64, so maybe there is a mix up with install versions, updates, etc.

Hi Michael.
This indeed sounds like you are having a 32 64 bit conflict.
The DIVAforRhino-4.0.2.17-x86.exe is a 32 bit installer - the x86 indicates that.
You can uninstall and reinstall the 64 bit version and everything should be back to normal.
Best,
T

Ahhh, thanks Timur. You are correct - I had a version conflict and I was confused in thinking the x86 was the 64-bit version. Having portions of the old 64-bit install on my C:\ drive also perhaps explains why my Diva auto update was causing issues. Thank you for the help. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by jeff niemasz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service