How can I track how long Diva took to run a simulation. The command window closes, but I want to track how effective my changes are to making the simulation run faster before I shoot off a whole batch

thanks!! :)

Views: 138

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Renna,

I have this problem myself sometimes. I often use a little program called TimeMem. You can run it directly on the DIVA batch files which are located in c:\DIVA\Temp\RhinoFileName\ to test different outcomes. Unfortunately there is no way to do this directly from the DIVA interface.

Best,

Alstan

Thanks for the tip...

Can one also augment the Radiance parameters 

http://radsite.lbl.gov/radiance/man_html/rtrace.1.html   ?

efile

Send error messages and progress reports to efile instead of the standard error.

Hi Renna,

Yes, but the method depends on the simulation type. If you are running a rendering or a point-in-time (illuminance, daylight factor) simulation, you can edit the parameters in the batch file directly with a text editor. Find and replace can be helpful, especially in the case of images. If you are running a climate-based simulation, you will need to edit the .hea file directly as the Radiance parameters are not contained in the batch file itself.

Best,

Alstan

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by jeff niemasz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service