Hi all,

I'm trying to return a default low res visualization of my complex model but I keep running into the same error.  I'm unsure what is causing the error but I've uploaded the two alerts.  I'm hoping you see a glaring mistake that I've been overlooking.

best,

Chris

Views: 154

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Chris,

The error ("set overflow in addobject") usually occurs when you have polygons of extraordinarily small area with long edges and/or a lot of overlapping geometry. If it is possible to clean up the meshing of your model, it might solve the problem.

Best,

Alstan

thanks Alstan!  Is there a "maximum" number of mesh faces I should be looking to reduce my model to?

Hi Chris,

Its hard to say. The absolute amount isn't usually a problem (I've had models as large as 16M triangles), but the proportions of the edge length to surface area of each triangle can often be a problem in building a rational octree for simulation. If you can share your model, I can probably offer better advice.

Best,

Alstan

Alstan,

Thanks again for your help.  I reduced the polygon count and cleaned up some meshes and was able to run the metrics without error.  Thank you.

Chris

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by jeff niemasz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service