Hi,

I was testing out the Useful Daylight Illuminance simulation (for the first time) on a building level and I've some reservations with the results that I've obtained as it seems as if the UDI is better in the interior of the building.

I've attached a jpg of the test results and also the other outputs.

I figure that it's probably some settings that I've overlooked, it would be great if you could point them out to me.

Thank you so much!

Views: 1444

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Aloysius,

You will probably find it useful to compare your UDI results across its three thresholds: <100, 100-2000, >2000. Most likely what is occurring in your file is that illuminance levels are typically over 2000 lx in your simulation. 

For example, below you can see your results for the UDI >2000 threshold.

Best,

Alstan

Hi Alstan,

How can I do that? I need to check the upper and lower thresholds but don't know how to load the .da files onto a mesh or how to get the % results. Could you please explain me the contents of a standard UDI .da file? Or is there an easier way to do it in Diva? Thanks

Hello,

I presume you are using Grasshopper from your question. There are already a lot of queries that might be useful reading on using a mesh to setup your Grasshopper sensors. The DIVA component should give you UDI results as whole numbers which represent the percentage of occupied hours in the year. From such a list of results you can use Grasshopper to find the maximum and minimum values.

Best,

Alstan

Thanks Alstan,

I'm actually using Diva from Rhino itself, but will have a look at the grasshopper answsers,

Best,

Hello,

In that case, the results themselves should be displayed as a series of grouped mesh squares. Do you see the colored grid after a simulation finishes? You can re-load a previously simulated .DA file by right-clicking on the Metrics button. To understand the format of the files themselves, this page is probably useful.

Best regards,

Alstan

Hi Alstan,

Is there a way to change the lower and upper thresholds in UDI?

We need 100-3000 lux.

Thank you

J. Alstan Jakubiec said:

Hi Aloysius,

You will probably find it useful to compare your UDI results across its three thresholds: <100, 100-2000, >2000. Most likely what is occurring in your file is that illuminance levels are typically over 2000 lx in your simulation. 

For example, below you can see your results for the UDI >2000 threshold.

Best,

Alstan

Hi Arthur,

From the DIVA toolbar, no. As per Paul's inquiry, we will likely add the threshold sometime in the future.

Best,

Alstan

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by jeff niemasz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service