Error DIVA/Rhino, climate-base is not working "No LIGHTING SOURCES FOUND" ????

Hi all

After run the climate-base simulation, in cmd window show an error about " No LIGHTING SOURCES FOUND ". What is this error? How can set the lighting sources in that simulation?

Please help me ......

Views: 1702

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's not an error- Radiance simply doesn't find any virtual light sources and complains about it, but there is, of course, a luminous sky in the file, so everything is well.

Best wishes,

Max

Hi Shahab,

To shed a little more light on this, DAYSIM, which runs the Climate-Based Simulations in DIVA, is based on an older version of Radiance that displays the 'no light sources found' message when a point light source (such as the sun) is not present. During the diffuse calculation, it so happens that only area sources of light are present (the sky), and so you get the error. There is luckily no reason to be alarmed, and you will notice that the same dialog window also says to ignore such errors!

All the best,

Alstan

Hi Max

Thanks for your comment.

Peace

Shahab
 
Max D said:

That's not an error- Radiance simply doesn't find any virtual light sources and complains about it, but there is, of course, a luminous sky in the file, so everything is well.

Best wishes,

Max

Hi Alstan

Thanks for discussion.

Warm Regards

Shahab

 
 
J. Alstan Jakubiec said:

Hi Shahab,

To shed a little more light on this, DAYSIM, which runs the Climate-Based Simulations in DIVA, is based on an older version of Radiance that displays the 'no light sources found' message when a point light source (such as the sun) is not present. During the diffuse calculation, it so happens that only area sources of light are present (the sky), and so you get the error. There is luckily no reason to be alarmed, and you will notice that the same dialog window also says to ignore such errors!

All the best,

Alstan

I'm having an issue along a similar line:

When I run the climate-bases analysis, the script never finishes. I tried lowering the geometric density to 50, but still no luck. Any idea what's going on? I have just shy of 5000 nodes.

Best,

Barron

Attachments:

Hi Barron,

The key is in your screenshot. "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process." This probably suggests that a previous simulation hung up and locked a 'daylight coefficient' file. A couple of options here: 1. To rename your rhino file, re-run the Location command, and try again. This will put the files in a separate directory so the 'locked' file doesn't interfere. 2. Restart your computer to hopefully free up the .dc file so that it can be overwritten by the simulation process.

Best,

Alstan


hi i got a similar error no light source is found. i copy pasted my rhino model in another file reset the location and re assigned the material but i am still getting the same error. please help
J. Alstan Jakubiec said:

Hi Barron,

The key is in your screenshot. "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process." This probably suggests that a previous simulation hung up and locked a 'daylight coefficient' file. A couple of options here: 1. To rename your rhino file, re-run the Location command, and try again. This will put the files in a separate directory so the 'locked' file doesn't interfere. 2. Restart your computer to hopefully free up the .dc file so that it can be overwritten by the simulation process.

Best,

Alstan

Hello Mrunmayi,

The 'no light sources found' error is a byproduct of the Daysim simulation engine being based on a very old version of Radiance. This message only displays during the diffuse daylight coefficient calculation phase, and what it really means is, "No direct light sources are found." The message is normal and can be safely ignored. You may note that just above the error there is a message to ignore the warning.

Best,

Alstan

when i ignore the error and do simulation after at end of simulation i get zero illuminance  at every node. here it is because of this no light source found? how can i solve it? please help!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by jeff niemasz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service